skip to main |
skip to sidebar
today i dusted and other things that made (up) my day


- I think dusting is a drag. And vacuuming. And sweeping and mopping. They seem to be undone about five minutes after I do them. I don't do them as often as I should. And to dust you have to pick up all the stuff on the tables or furniture. Like I said, it's a drag. But today my house is clean--from top to bottom--and I don't have to clean again until Monday (even though it will probably look like I need to clean it again tomorrow). Hooray!
- Zach made messes all day as he so likes to do. Sarah even helped with the one shown above. After dumping out all of the feminine products, he proceeded to fill a bag with them and carry them around the house. Then Sarah took a turn carrying the bag around. They were getting along. And taking turns. I'm trying to overlook the fact that they were playing with feminine products. Sarah also made a craft with the feminine products. Fun was had by all.
- When Zach had a nap, so did I. Sarah played on the computer for her allotted thirty minutes (give or take the period of time that I was asleep which may have been an hour or more). I woke up from my nap and felt glorious.
- A package came in the mail with some super duper craft supplies. A girl and her mom can always use a stash of pom poms and buttons and stickers. Also got some good supplies on clearance to use next Christmas. It's all about planning ahead--way ahead!
- I'm stocking the kids up on clothes to wear next winter. Got them some adorable pajamas today on sale. I love, love, love kid pajamas! They're all snuggly and soft and so stinkin' cute. I might have to go put some on Zach right now and put him to sleep.
- I've been having lots of ideas of things to do with Sarah lately. I can hardly wait to get to them. If I can just drag her away from the tv...
- Sarah went with daddy to the church tonight. Zach went to bed at 8:00. It was quiet. I listened to music (that I got to pick) and did some digital scrapbooking. If only every night could be like this...
- I went to the library. (I have a really awesome public library.) When I went to the desk to pick up my holds, she saw me coming, recognized me, reached for them, and handed them to me before I could even ask. She said my name is just easy to remember. I think it may be that I just go there way too much. I've got a great big stack of awesome books to read to Sarah and to myself.
5 comments:
Well now I have some ideas of what to use for crafts if I run out of materials during preschool. :) My kids call them presents (I guess because they're all wrapped up) and are delighted whenever they find them.
Creativity is a wonderful thing and using our talents no matter the material we have to work with.
Love it. Your blog just makes me laugh.
Ethan just asked me what those "things" are that Zach and Sarah are tearing into. So I gave him the nutshell version of puberty n' periods. His eyes got really big, and then he asked, "Do boys have to have that?" When I told him no, he expressed his deep gratitude for that. Then asked if medicine could take away the bleeding, or surgery. Yeah, quite a discussion.
How many of those things do you buy at a time? It looks like you have been to Costco and bought in bulk.(495,000 of them)
Post a Comment